Published: 23rd September 2019
Power of Eastside Awards Impact Continues Across the Community as the Fourth Annual Awards Launches
The power of the impact of the Eastside Awards, in partnership with George Best Belfast City Airport, is being felt right across the community as the non-profit awards are launched for the fourth year. Eastside Awards, open for entry until 25 October, will celebrate the achievements of the businesses and people at the heart of East Belfast.
This year we are thrilled to have secured a new media partnership with Belfast Live, driving awareness of the Eastside Awards with their thousands of East Belfast readers, and we have added four new categories recognising the carers who are vital to our community, our ever growing health and wellness sector, the community champion in our midst and the best taste experience in what is a thriving East Belfast food scene.
Eastside Awards in association with George Best Belfast City Airport categories open for application or nomination are:
- Eastside Award for Teacher of the Year – Primary Schools sponsored by Belfast Live
- Eastside Award for Teacher of the Year – Post Primary Schools sponsored by Belfast Live
- Eastside Award for Contribution to the Arts sponsored by Phoenix Natural Gas
- Eastside Award for Sports Initiative of the Year sponsored by Millar McCall Wylie
- Eastside Award for Tourism Experience sponsored by Titanic Belfast, Titanic Foundation, Titanic Quarter Ltd
- The Titanic Eastside Award for Innovation sponsored by Titanic Belfast, Titanic Foundation, Titanic Quarter Ltd
- Eastside Award for Business Start-Up sponsored by Belfast City Council
- Eastside Award for Business Growth sponsored by Ulster Bank
- Eastside Award for Community Impact sponsored by The Urban Villages Initiative
- Eastside Award for Excellence in Health and Wellbeing sponsored by Solv Group
- Eastside Award for Employer of the Year sponsored by Fleet Financial
- Eastside Award for Taste Experience sponsored by We’re Sure
- Eastside Award for Young Person of the Year sponsored by George Best Belfast City Airport
- Eastside Award for Carer of the Year sponsored by Wolseley
- Eastside Award for Community Champion of the Year sponsored by Belfast Harbour
- Eastside Award for Volunteer of the Year sponsored by East Belfast Mission
- Eastside Award for Outstanding Contribution sponsored by East Belfast Enterprise
Jonathan McAlpin of East Belfast Enterprise was behind the original Eastside Awards concept and is Chair of the organising committee. Launching the fourth annual Eastside Awards, Jonathan said: “I’m immensely proud of the impact that the Eastside Awards has achieved across the greater East Belfast community in four short years. I’m honoured to be involved in recognising everything that is the best about East Belfast. From celebrating the achievements of our young people to those who are contributing to the economic impact of the area, to inspirational residents who volunteer their time to helping others and those who entertain or who are committed to our next generation. Last year we had a record number of entries and the Stormont Hotel was at capacity for our awards ceremony and I know that with momentum building and new categories added, this year will be another record breaking year for the Eastside Awards.”
Michelle Hatfield, Director of Corporate Services at George Best Belfast City Airport, said: “East Belfast is a hotbed of cultural, sporting and economic success made possible by the amazing people that call this great place home, or come to work or play in its surrounds.
“George Best Belfast City Airport is once again privileged to be the principal partner of the Eastside Awards. These awards recognise and showcase local businesses and individuals who enrich and support East Belfast, helping to build a bigger and stronger community, a community that we are proud to be in the heart of.
“Our continued association with the Eastside Awards is an important element of our Corporate Social Responsibility strategy, which places our community, its education, environment and young people at the core of our business.
“I would encourage the people of East Belfast to support the Eastside Awards so together we can celebrate our local success.”
East Belfast TV presenter Tara Mills will host the awards at an evening of celebration on Friday 24 January 2020 in Hastings Stormont Hotel and, on arrival at the awards ceremony, finalists of the 2020 Eastside Awards will be treated to a VIP drinks reception courtesy of The Waterside Belfast. The evening’s entertainment and souvenir awards brochure will be sponsored by The Open University.
To enter Eastside Awards in association with George Best Belfast City Airport by 25 October, visit www.eastsideawards.org.